Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My 2 Cents

Lately I’ve been noticing that a lot of people are saying: ‘Where is the Britney from 2002’? ‘Where’s the girl with bubbly personality’? ‘We want her, we need her!’

But what if the Britney from 2002 does no longer exist?

The Britney from 2002 was destroyed by everyone who wanted something from her.

By her fans who wanted more albums, more performances…just more Britney…By her managers who wanted her to make them more and more money…By Alli Sims who used her for fame…By Sam Lutfi who used her for money and even drugged her for that….By Kevin who admitted to never really loving her…

Most of the persons she knew, love and trusted used her…the people who were supposed to adore her used her.

And what did that result in?

As a result we got Britney 2008. A woman who has been through hell…who has been through things I hope you never have to go through.

And yet she is still trying to please us, give us what we want…but at the same time she knows that she needs to come first….she comes first and then us.

And lately I’ve been also noticing that the fans are criticizing her more then the press. And that makes one wonder…

Here we have a woman who’s doing her best to rebuild her career, who’s pushing herself to the limit to please us again…But guess what?

It still isn’t good enough for some of you.

In fact, we’ve come to a point where nothing is ever good enough anymore.

She’s making music video’s, doing performances, giving interviews, doing photoshoots, releasing a new album…you name it…and it still isn’t good enough…so what is good enough?

When she’s not being the bubbly personality you want her to be you call her sad and depressed..saying that that isn’t the true Britney…

But what if…

What if that Britney in the interviews and photoshoots is the real Britney?

Like I said, Britney has been through hell…and that makes a person harder, less bubbly…it makes you realise that the world isn’t such a nice place…it makes you into what Britney now is.

And what if she’s happy being the person she is right now? What if she’s happy with the way everything is going now? Isn’t that the most important thing? Isn’t how she feels the most important thing?

And then who are we to push her again, criticize her for getting a Starbucks or not wearing the outfit that you like? Look what happened the last time people pushed her…

You can state your opinion, that’s fine…but there’s a fine line between stating your opinion and breaking someone down…and some of you are crossing that line.

You don’t kick a dog that is down…and you also don’t kick a dog when it’s trying to get up.


-Tom.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely you just compared Britney to a dog....

Anonymous said...

Anonymous..you're so stupid xD
Tom, you said that very nice, I couldn't agree with you more!

Anonymous said...

Tom, I love what you said! i feel the same way. Thanks for stating your opinion. I'm so tired of people criticising her now when she's doing her best with everything. I'm so proud of Britney for everything that she's done this year, it's amazing. It just hurts me as a fan to know that some fans aren't happy with her, to me that's so sad. WE ALL SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH BRITNEY & ALL THE WORK SHE PUT INTO THIS COMEBACK!! Britney, I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I agree. People say "she's being pushed to do the album". Ok, does Britney not have a say in her career? I'm sorry, but no Britney, no album. See the distinction? She could've said no a long time ago. "She looks stiff on stage" Well no wonder! It's going to take a little time for Britney to feel alright with the world again. She's at peace when she's on stage and working. After not performing in front of a live audience in a while it's no surprise she's a little rusty. Look at what happened at the VMAs in 2007, anything she does now will always be an improvemen, accomplishment, and victory for her. She's finding her way, she has a long journey. Let her enjoy this time in her life. She's made so much progress. We need to step back and think about what she wants rather than what she can provide. First people were complaining about her album cover, and the music ("there's too many ballads" "It's not urban enough"). Be happy for her. She's proud of her work and we should feel blessed that she's sharing it with us. She gets criticized for everything she does. She deserves better.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you a 100% Tom. And actually what you said is very, very true. I have been through hell as well, that's how I can actually relate to her, but I never had to face the public, I only had to face my fear and myself, but she also gets to deal with the public, and with all of the things that happen it kind of makes you a little bit more serious, or cold. With all of the things she's doing she actually inspires me more because she's getting up and moving forward, even with everyone criticizing her every move. And besides, she's getting confortable again, it has only been months since everything happens, trust me, it takes some years before you can actually say, you're completely over it, and need to move on.
PS: what happened to the Cbox?

Anonymous said...

I agree Tom....besides I think shes improving every day, she needs encouragement ... not to be put down .. why did you take away the cbox! -

Anonymous said...

i agree 100% tom
all this negativity is doing my head in

Tom said...

Thank you guys!

Ivan said...

Tom first I wanna say I'm sorry fpr not making the post you asked me for... but i did get home now so i wasn't able.
And about this post... I tottaly agree. People calling themselfs "fans" and in the same time criticising... well I have a question for them. just one! - Have you ever think about how would Britney feel if she see what her "fans" are saying?

 

Blog designed by Zaid