Monday, December 1, 2008

Offering An Apology

G-A-Y in London has just issued the following apology for their Britney debacle this past weekend:

"I have been dreading writing today's mail out, I have written this so many times, I started writing this at 5am Sunday morning, deleted it, re-started writing this on Sunday & once again kept on deleting it because everything I wanted to say, didn't come across the way I wanted it to

Whatever I say now, I know that I'm going to get either slated or have people agree with me but most importantly I want to apologize that what should have been an amazing night ended up being one of such a disappointment for so many, including myself and Michael, Stuart & Peter, who I want to give a special mention to. So I am very, very sorry

There are few facts that I would like to correct, because not everything about Saturday has been reported correctly. So first of, Yes, I had approached Britney to make an appearance at G-A-Y, never a performance, it was just for an appearance, I knew she was only in the UK for 24 hours & there would have been no rehearsal time, so my approach was only for an appearance, nothing was ever confirmed, hence the reason I advertised a Britney Party, however at no stage did I ever advertise that Britney would be there.

There was a possibility that Britney would appear but it had to be hush hush, when the story leaked in the Sun, it meant it was going to be unlikely, but still a possibility, so to try & make it still happen, I didn't respond to the Sun article, because it would make it even less likely, plus I couldn't say either way whether she would be there as, the truth is, I didn't know & wasn't going to know to the very last minute, which is how it would happen.

I knew that if Britney was to appear at G-A-Y then it wouldn't be decided until around 11pm or later on Sat night, so to make sure no one entered on Saturday thinking Britney would be there I instructed security to tell everyone individually that she would not be there, so there would be no disappointments.

At 12:30, I got a call saying she was coming, from my discussions with her TM, I thought there was going to be a chance that Britney would come on stage, the stage was cleared & her security was happy the venue was safe, that is fact despite several people saying she wouldn't go on stage because the venue was unsafe. The venue was at capacity, no more, no less with a queue of one in, one out. It's amazing that people can state reasons for her not going on stage when they weren't backstage with her but decide they know better.

When Britney arrived, no one had spoken to her about going on stage, even though I had had discussions with her tour manager & security & therefore she hadn't planned going on stage & wasn't in the right frame of mind to. I did everything to try & persuade her, & she was thinking about it but as people started to move to the front, the front half of the dance floor was getting to busy where as the back half by the bar wasn't because people were surging forward, so that's why I went on stage to say she wasn't coming on, even though she was still considering it. I wanted her to come on stage but once I knew it wasn't going to happen, even after several other announcements people wouldn't believe she wasn't going to come on & wouldn't move, hence it becoming a dangerous situation, we tried to get people to move back but they wouldn't.

I know we have a lot making up to do, I know we have to re-build the confidence in G-A-Y again & it starts now, so once again I can only apologize.

Jeremy"

Source: Perez Hilton

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid