Monday, August 24, 2009

Britney Spears Is 'Really Sweet,' Says Tour Opener Kristinia DeBarge

The following italicized article is from www.mtv.com:

Kristinia DeBarge will be hitting the stage as an opening act on Monday when Britney Spears brings her Circus tour to Madison Square Garden for three nights. And DeBarge says that Miss Spears has been nothing but kind since the newcomer joined the show for the tour's second leg.

"Well, I've only talked to her once ... but she's really sweet and she told me that her kids love my songs," DeBarge, who is also up for a Video Music Award, told MTV News. "I thought that was sweet ... it was really brief and short, but she's really nice. So we'll see how it goes."

And although the group hasn't been on the road for very long, DeBarge has already assessed how the tour is going. "I'm definitely starting to feel a little bit tired. I haven't even started to go that much deep into the tour yet," she said, adding that the first two shows went over well for her and for the fans.

"They went really well. The first show was a lot of fun," she said. "I remember hearing the audience and getting chills — I've been dreaming about this since I can remember talking."

And although she is now living the dream of having a spot opening up for Britney, there was a time not too long ago when that opportunity didn't even seem like a possibility. "Well, the first time that I was told I would be opening up for her I didn't believe it. I was in the studio recording one of my songs called 'Powerless,' " she said. "I thought they were just joking with me. I was really excited."

Source: MTV

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid