Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Britney Pleads With Father: 'Let's Get Out Of Here'

The following italicized article is taken from www.people.com:

Britney Spears's father has recounted a heartbreaking meeting with his confused daughter as she struggled to cope in a psychiatric hospital.

"Come on, daddy, let's get out of here. Take my hand and let's walk out of here together," Britney said, according to Jamie Spears.

Jamie told her daughter: "I wish I could, but I can't."

In court papers filed as part of his effort to take over his daughter's affairs, Jamie Spears described how he arrived at UCLA Medical Center on Sunday. Britney had called him several times while he was working as a caterer for a Super Bowl party, urging him to see her. (Click here to view the complete document.)

Jamie Spears, who had spent several hours with Britney the day before at the hospital, found his daughter lying in bed. He leaned over to kiss her, but she turned her head away.

"I love you," he told her.

"No, you don't," said Britney. She got out of bed and said, "The doctor told me you are keeping me in here."

Jamie Spears denied it, but Britney insisted, saying, "Somebody's lying. You put me in here."

After the nurse assured Britney that, "Your daddy is not keeping you here; the hospital is keeping you here," Britney turned to her father. That was when she pleaded to leave – and her father said they couldn't.

When Britney became agitated, her father started talking about her sons Jayden and Preston, now in the custody of their father, Kevin Federline.

"Do you want me to help you get your babies back?" he asked her.

Britney, "No, I have new lawyers that will help me with my stuff."

But her father had to tell her that she had not actually fired her custody lawyers, and that there were now new lawyers involved in dealing with her affairs. Jamie said that if she needed help with the custody case, he would be there for her.

The conversation ended with Britney saying that her pal Sam Lutfi had wrongfully taken some of her property and she asked her father for help to get it back. Her father said he would.

Source: People

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid