Sunday, September 7, 2008

Britney Spears Sweeps VMAs, Thanks "My Beautiful Boys for Inspiring Me"

The following italicized article is from www.usmagazine.com:

Britney Spears got off to a good start at Sunday's 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, scoring laughs during her opening and winning her first ever "moonman."

She kicked off the show with Superbad's Jonas Hill in a pre-taped skit, where he tried to teach her some relaxation techniques.

He ordered her to close her eyes. When she did, he leaned in and tried to kiss her.
"What is your deal?" she shrieked.


"I care about the VMAs being good," he replied in the humorous skit.

After the segment, Spears, in sexy, sparkly halter dress, walked on stage as her hit "Baby One More Time" blared.

The audience stood and applauded.

"Thank you so much," she told the crowd. "Thank you for all the love. This is the 2008 Video Music Awards, and it starts right now."

Spears then playfully stuck out her tongue, and Rihanna hit the stage and performed her hit "Disturbia."

After a quick opening by host Russell Brand -- he urged the crowd, "Please elect Barack Obama," and called President Bush a "retarded cowboy fella" -- Spears returned to the stage again to collect her first ever "moonman" for Best Female Video for "Piece of Me."

"I'm speechless. Oh, my goodness, thank you!" an elated Spears told the crowd. "I first wanna thank God for blessing me like this. My family ... my two beautiful boys for inspiring me everyday."

She later took home the award for Best Pop Video, saying she was "speechless" and thanking her longtime manager, Larry Rudolph.

She closed out the night by winning Video of the Year.

"I'm in shock right now," she said. "I want to dedicate this to all my fans."

Source: US Weekly

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid