Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Dude Who Leaked Britney Spears’s New Single Speaks

The tool...uh.... overeager radio DJ who leaked the snippet of Britney Spears’s new single Womanizer last week (and was subsequently fined by Sony/BMG and removed from his job at his radio station because of it) is now talking to Tennessean.com in order to tell his side of the story … while he still can cuz in about 45 mins. no one is gonna even remember his name (which I’m confused about … the initial reports stated that his name is Adam Sevalia but this new article claims his real name is Adam Davis):
WRVW (The River) personality Intern Adam said today he has been taken off the air for leaking the new Britney Spears’ single, “Womanizer” on the radio station’s Web site. “I was the first person in the world who had this, the Britney Spears’ comeback single,” he said. “I got excited; I got eager. I wanted to get this out there already, so I did. And I guess I got a little too eager.” Intern Adam, whose real name is Adam Davis (and he’s not an intern), said he doesn’t yet know if he’s been suspended or fired from the station for which he’s worked since 2004. WRVW’s Rich Davis did not return a call today. Intern Adam, 25, taped the song during a Jive Records conference call with radio programmers and posted it on the station’s Web site. He said he never played the song on the air. He would not comment on whether anyone else at the station knew beforehand what he had done. “If anyone has ever listened to The River, they know I”m a big supporter of Britney Spears. It’s ironic that Britney’s biggest supporter on the air here is off the air because I played a Britney Spears song. I don’t know what is going to happen next,” he said. “All I can say is bad press is better than no press when you are off the air. Hopefully, I’m not fired. Hopefully they’ll let me back.”

See, it’s one thing to be a supporter of someone’s professional career but I find it highly unlikely he was out for anything other than his own fame at being the first person to leak the new Britney Spears track. Did he really believe he was helping Britney by leaking a snippet of a low quality, unfinished version of her new song? I really don’t think so. In the end, he acted extremely unprofessionally and I’m not surprised that Britney’s record company is going after him and that his radio station employers have yanked him off the air. He’s really trying to ride this wave of “fame” for as long as he can … I hope he enjoys the ride. I doubt it’ll last much longer.

Source: Pink Is The New Blog

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid