Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lynne Spears' Tears For Britney

The following italicized article is from www.thesun.co.uk:

BRITNEY SPEARS' mother LYNNE has told how she wept at the recent MTV Video Music Awards - because she was so happy to see her daughter back to her best.

Britney wowed the audience at the Los Angeles event last Sunday when she picked up three awards for her recent musical efforts.

And opening her heart in her gripping new book, Lynne admits it was an overwhelming moment to see her daughter's amazing recovery - just months after the singer's public breakdown which saw her admitted to hospital at the beginning of the year under a mental health order.


Lynne says: "I looked at her on stage and I realised I finally had her back.

"I saw the Britney I remember and love - not the girl I had seen strapped to a stretcher and wheeled into a psychiatric hospital. And tears of relief filled my eyes."

Lynne also recalled her despair as Britney cut her out of her life for seven months.

Britney blamed her mother for forcing her into Promises rehab clinic and siding with ex husband KEVIN FEDERLINE in their divorce battle.

Lynne says: "I was a wreck, worrying myself sick many miles from my confused, hurting daughter.

"I felt hopeless, as if I was losing my grasp on my child."

The pair are now fully reconciled and were together at the weekend as Britney threw a star-studded joint birthday party for her two sons SEAN PRESTON, 3, and JAYDEN JAMES, 3.
Lynne adds: "She is my fighter, my sweetheart. My girl has been to hell and back.


"It has been one hell of a journey. We have taken our first steps on the road to healing our family."

Guests at the car-themed bash included singer GWEN STEFANI, with her two-year-old son KINGSTON, and JIM CARREY'S girlfriend JENNY McCARTHY with her son EVAN, six.

Britney's dad JAMIE, sister JAMIE LYNN and two-month old niece MADDIE BRIANN also joined in the fun.

Britney treated her sons to custom-designed mini motorised cars complete with personalised licence plates and a cake in the shape of a yellow truck.

A source told People.com: "The boys received tons of birthday gifts. Britney and her family really made the party special for the boys."

Britney lost custody of her two sons to Kevin last year and earlier this year lost visitation rights.

But her access to the boys was gradually restored over the summer with the resolution of the former couple's bitter custody battle.

Source: The Sun

No comments:

 

Blog designed by Zaid